A few days ago, my brother purchased a Cub Cadet riding lawnmower. He felt so happy but his happiness didn’t stay so long.
Do you guess what the reason behind it? Yes, you are right. He wasn’t able to start the mower. He tried fewer times but failed. Then he started looking for a proper guideline.
I think just like my brother, you are looking for the same thing. Right? Ok. Take a breath. I have a perfect guideline for you. Truly, this guideline really helped my brother a lot.
In this article, I will try to give you a complete guideline on how to start a cub cadet riding lawnmower.
So, without wasting time, let’s start.
In this content you’ll learn:
A Complete Guideline To Start A Cub Cadet Riding Lawnmower
It is a little bit complicated if you first try to start a cub cadet riding. Cub cadet riding mowers have some uniqueness that you can’t find in the other companies riding lawn mowers.
But before starting the mower, you have to check some basic things that will help you to start the mower flawlessly. Let’s have a look at the basic things.
- Check the battery and the connections as well. Connect the red battery cable with the positive battery terminal and black battery cable with the negative battery terminal.
- Bring out the dipstick from the fuel tank and check the level of the oil in the fuel tank. You should check the quality of the oil before and after every mowing. If the oil becomes black in color, just change it.
- Fill the gas tank before every mowing. Otherwise, the gas will run out in the time of mowing. Use a stabilizer such as STA-BIL with gasoline. It will enhance the durability as well as the shelf life of gasoline.
Now, it’s time to start your cub cadet riding lawnmower. Follow the steps outlined below to start your mower perfectly. We have some special tips for you! So, keep reading.
How to Start
Steps to follow:
Step #1: Prepare For Start
Take your position on the seat and place the key in the mower ignition switch.
Step #2: Disengage PTO
Disengage the mower PTO (power takeoff). This PTO basically controls the blades of your riding lawnmower.
Step #3: Engage Parking Brake
Engage the parking brake. Don’t forget it. Otherwise, the mower will start running when you turn on the power.
Step #4: Press Throttle Lever To Choke Position
Push the throttle lever into the choke position. You do not need to do this if the engine is already warm.
Step #5: Rotate The Key
Now, rotate the key in the ignition switch to turn on the power of the mower. Release the starting key when the mower engine starts.
Note that, If the mower doesn’t start in the first attempt, try again. But don’t hold the starting key more than 10 seconds in the start position.
Step #6: Press Throttle Lever To Fast Position
When the power of the mower turns on, push the throttle lever towards the fast position. Your mower will start to run slowly.
Step #7: Engage Blade
Push the throttle lever into the rabbit position to engage the mower blade.
How to Stop
Steps to follow:
Step #1: Disengage PTO
Disengage the mower PTO.
Step #2: Press Throttle Lever To Slow Position
Push the throttle lever to the slow position.
Step #3: Rotate The Key
Now, rotate the starting key to the stop position.
Step #4: Remove The Key
Enable the parking mode and finally remove the starting key from the ignition switch.
- Check the air filter before every mowing. Clean it if it is dirty or replace it.
- It is recommended to clean the spark plug, air filter, and oil filter on a regular basis. And replace them every year when storing the mower for next season.
- Don’t insert the starting key forcefully into the ignition switch. It will damage the ignition switch.
- Wear proper safety clothes such as goggles, ear protection, etc when operating the mower.
I think, now starting a cub cadet riding lawn mower is a simple task for you. In fact, starting a mower is not a difficult task but you need to follow the right process to start it flawlessly.
I hope the above-mentioned process has helped you to know how to start a cub cadet riding lawnmower.
Now, it’s your turn. Start your cub cadet riding lawnmower and have fun!