When it comes to keeping your lawn well maintained, finding the right tool for the job can be a nightmare, especially if you’re just interested in preventing your little garden from being neglected!
The truth is that for mowers, gas mowers, electricians and mowers, deciding what’s best for your lawn is not so clear.
The following list contains some of the best options for cutting a small garden of all categories. We hope that here you will find the best lawn mowers for small yards.
The List Of Top 11 Best Lawn Mowers For Small Yard
We went through planned researched work to comply with this product list. After 120 hours of effective research, we’ve found 11 best lawn mowers for small yards by filtering down a heap of potential options.
1. BLACK+DECKER MTE912 Electric 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 36.6 x 7.4 inches
- Item Weight: 13.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 14.2 pounds
Are you looking for the best lawn mowers for small yards? Then the innovative BLACK + DECKER 3 N 1 mower/lawnmower can be a great option for sure.
The model offers the utmost versatility for large and small gardens, offering three types of landscape features in a single compact unit. The model features a small footprint that makes it efficient to work at small lawns or yards.
More precisely, it’s an efficient solution for small spaces. This MTE912 is a corded version (with 6.5A motor), but there is also a cordless version available. So you can choose the right option for your patio.
The mower is featured with a pedal release for progressive mowing. It also can be raised or lowered depending on your needs as it comes up with two adjustable height.
The mower has a powerful transmission for maintaining interruptible speed.
Best of all, it is featured with a cushioned grip handle for optimal comfort. And that’s why it can be a great option for you.
- AFS automatic feed system ensures continual work without bumping or having to stop.
- It is outfitted with a 6.5 Amp powerful motor for optimal performance.
- It can be raised or lowered depending on your needs as it is featured with the height adjustability.
2. American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 Push Reel Lawn Mower, Red
- Size:14″, 4-blade
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 24 x 42.5 inches
- Item Weight: 20 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 20.4 pounds
American Lawn Mower 14 “4-Reel Lawn Mower let you have a clean, precise and scissor cut for your turf that requires no fuel!
So skip the gas, skip the oil, skip the vapors, skip the wires, and skip the noise. If you have the 14 “lawnmower on the American lawnmower, you do not need any types of fuel.
The smooth turning tips, the easy-rolling wheels, and the height adjustment of this mower ensure the perfect appearance. Noiseless operation and CO2-free operation make this reel mower an easy option without complications!
The brands are committed to offering the products without CO2 emissions and this has not changed since 1895. No exhaust, no start problems!
There is no spark plugs that damage or clog engines. So it is are good product for the environment and the lawn. They provide the quality you need at the price you want.
- 14″ Cutting width, polymer wheels with a 4-blade ball bearing reel, and 8.5″ Composite wheels
- Adjustable cutting height of 0.5″-1.75″ for a clean, scissor-like cut every time
- Blades are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel to stay sharp longer
- Eco-friendly alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers;
- It requires no oil and low maintenance,
- Easy to assemble.
- 4-Blade reel offers supreme versatility for multiple Common grass types- Fescue, Bluegrass, Rye, and mixed weed/crabgrass.
3. Greenworks 18-Inch 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25012
- Size:12 Amp 18″ Deck
- Package Dimensions: 28.5 x 22 x 14.2 inches
- Item Weight: 46 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 55 pounds
If you are looking for a premium quality mower, then this is for you. GreenWorks comes with products that work at the highest level and are always reliable. They offer industry-standard products.
With this model, you will get enough power to mow your lawn without polluting the air or transporting your gas tank to the next station (especially in the middle of a lawnmower). There are no adjustments require. And it requires less maintenance anymore. No more emissions. According to the EPA, 54 million Americans mow the lawn every weekend, consuming 800 million gallons of gas a year. On the way, owners spill more than 17 million gallons of gasoline while refueling. This is equivalent to the Exxon Valdez disaster of 1989. It is time to go beyond the cumbersome and harmful gas mowers. It’s time for GreenWorks to be your turf tool for life.
- Powerful 12 Amp Electric Motor delivers enough power to cut through the toughest grass.
- It features a durable deck.
- You can set the height in 7 different position depending on your needs.
- it’s easy to maneuver owing to its 7-Inch front and rear wheels.
4. PowerSmart DB2321C Lawn Mower, Red and Black
- Product Dimensions: 33 x 23 x 18 inches
- Item Weight: 58 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 58 pounds
Ideal for the smallest yard. The intelligent, compact 161 cm3 gas-operated jockey can be operated in the tightest of spaces and has two cutting systems that can be used for side ejection and mulching. It incorporates the ultrasharp blade for efficient mulching. The mower also features a sturdy steel platform that cuts a 21-inch strip and is adjustable in height from 1.18 to 3 inches. To meet your different needs. It’s compact and lightweight that makes it easy to use.
- Powered by 161 cc engine delivering the right amount of power in a compact, lightweight package.
- It can mulching efficiently because of its ultra-sharp blade.
- You can set the height in 5 different position depending on your needs.
5. Yard Machines 140cc OHV 21-Inch 2-in-1 Push Walk-Behind Gas Powered Lawn Mower
- Product Dimensions: 34.8 x 23.8 x 17.5 inches
- Item Weight: 58 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 58 pounds
Perfect your lawn with Yard Machines 140cc 21 “2-in-1 mowers Powered by a 140cc engine with recoil starter and primer, this mower features side ejection and mulching features 21-inch platform that allows you to grass larger areas with less Intersecting passages, ideal for small or medium-sized terraces, it is equipped with a double lever that allows you to adjust the cuts between 6 different heights. The rugged 7-inch front wheels and wheels 8-inch backs are fitted with bearing rods so that you can drive effortlessly through the hard or loose ground.
- 140cc engine equipped with recoil start and primer
- Dual lever height adjuster with 6 different height settings
- 2-IN-1 CUTTING DECK: Side discharge and mulching capabilities
- 21″ cutting deck to assist you in trimming your lawn as fast as possible
- 7-inch and 8-inch wheels with bar treading
6. BLACK+DECKER MM2000 13 Amp Corded Mower, 20-Inch
- Product Dimensions: 34.9 x 16.8 x 21.9 inches
- Item Weight: 46.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 49.6 pounds
The Black & Decker MM2000 The 20 “Black & Decker Electric Mower provides clean and reliable power and instant start at any time with a powerful 13 amp motor for sagging, mulching and side discharge cut to the edge of fences and flowerbeds to quickly get a clean and well-tended lawn.
This lawnmower has a 20-inch wide cutting field with a height adjustment of 7 settings that allow you to select the height. Cut between 1 1/2 and 4 inches, with convenient carrying handles for easy transport and storage, the 13-gallon nylon grass catcher bag allows level control.
- 20-inch wide cutting path
- 7-setting height adjustment from 1-1/2 inch to 4 inches high
- Convenient carrying handle
- 13-gallon nylon grass collection bag
- Included Components: (1) Mower, (1) Grass collection bag; Power Source: Electric
7. Greenworks 16-Inch Reel Lawn Mower with Grass Catcher 25052
- Size:16″ Deck
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 47 x 29.8 inches
- Item Weight: 26 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 28.4 pounds
If you’re looking for something to do the job for and return to your weekend, the Greenworks 16 “Lawn Mower is for you. We provide you with the necessary energy without polluting the air or forcing you to move your gas can further to the next station (especially in the middle of harvest). No adjustments or maintenance anymore. No more emissions. According to the EPA, 54 million Americans mow the lawn every weekend, consuming 800 million gallons of gas a year. On the way, owners spill more than 17 million gallons of gasoline while refueling. This is equivalent to the Exxon Valdez disaster of 1989. It is time to go beyond the cumbersome and harmful gas mowers. It’s time for GreenWorks to be your turf tool for life.
- 16″ cutting path gets the job done quicker and more efficiently.
- You can set the height in 5 different position depending on your needs.
- It’s easy to maneuver because of its 10” front wheels and 2″ rear rollers.
- The easy-to-use lawnmower doesn’t contain any fume.
8. Great States 304-14 14-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower, Red
- Size:14″, 5-blade
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 24 x 42.5 inches
- Item Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 22.6 pounds
Great States 5 “5-Blade Mower Clean, precise, scissor cut for your turf that requires no fuel! Skip the gas, skip the oil, skip the exhaust, skip the cables, skip that No sound, you do not need it, not if you have the Great Lawn 14 “mower. The smooth turning tips, the easy-rolling wheels, and the height adjustment ensure the perfect appearance. Without complications! Noiseless operation and CO2-free operation make a reel mower an easy option.
- Quick, the adjustable cutting height of 0.5″-1.75″ For a clean, even cut every time.
- It is featured with the top-quality blades for efficient mulching.
- It’s safe and easy to use.
- It doesn’t contain any fumes.
9. Sun Joe MJ500M Manual Reel Mower w/Grass Catcher | 16 inch
- Color: Green
- Product Dimensions: 29.5 x 22 x 9.9 inches
- Item Weight: 26.3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 27.1 pounds
No messy gas; just an easy-to-use, lightweight, handy and economical sliding gate mower. The lawnmower is powerful enough to mow your lawn efficiently and effectively. It’s a perfect solution for those who are looking for a high-quality lawnmower. The MJ500M comes with a handy back pocket to keep your yard clean and tidy. Moreover, the model has a 16-inch wide cutting path for super mowing. Apart from that, it comes up with a 4-position height adjustment lever.
- Height Control: 4 position manual height adjustment
- It has a super cutting depth.
- It can contain 6.6 gallons of grass.
- It weighs only 22 lbs.
10. WORX WG896 12 Amp 7.5″ Electric Lawn Edger & Trencher, 7.5in, Orange and Black
- Color: Orange and Black
- Product Dimensions: 22.6 x 14.1 x 11 inches
- Item Weight: 16 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 16.65 pounds
The WORX WG896 12-inch 2-in-1 electric lawn edge cutter is a powerful 12-amp lawn edge cutter that can match the performance of a professional tool with clean and clean lawn edges against flower beds or hard surfaces. Use the depth of the 3-position blade and the cut line indicator for the best results. The WG896 is supported by the Edger Guide to let you know where your line is. The 12 amp motor provides plenty of power for both edges and for making small trenches. The trimmer/trencher has a rotating handle for maximum comfort and control.
- Powerful 12 amp motor provides premium performance.
- 3 position blade depth adjustment.
- Cutting line indicator for additional precision.
- It is featured with the adjustable shaft for a comfortable posture.
- It also features a pivoting handle for optimal comfort.
11. 21″ Push Mower with Mulching
- Engine: 625EXi series™
- Starting System: ReadyStart® w/ check & add
- Torque (ft-lbs, gross): 6.25
It is a high-performance reliable Briggs & Stratton® 150cc OHV (Overhead Valve) 625EXi series engine mower. It is a readystart® starting system mower so anyone can start it easily. This 21″ push mower has quick dual-lever height adjustment with six cutting positions (1.25” – 3.75”). It’s a gas-powered best Lawn Mower perfect for small to medium Yards.
It’s pretty cool once you start it which will do that in a minute. It is formulated with a 3-in-1 cutting deck that will help your cut finish from mulching, bagging or side discharge on the lawn. If you need to get something out of the way give you disengage the blade and then work around with what you are wanting.
It has a nice size air filter as you can oversee and easy on-off. Featuring 7-inch front wheels (width) and 11-inch high rear wheels that help you to drive effortlessly on uneven terrain. I’m sure this 21” push mower will be fairly inexpensive if you have fine grass in the yard.
- Briggs & Stratton® 150cc Engine
- 3-in-1 cutting deck; mulching, bagging or side discharge
- Dual-lever 6- cutting positions
- No oil change, just check & add™
- 7-inch front & 11-inch high rear wheels
- Ergo handle
Benefits Of Having The Best Lawn Mower For Small Yards
The main benefit of a high-quality lawn mower for the smaller garden is that you will get a model that is designed for smaller gardens. And these types of mower offers a better cut for smaller areas compared to the most standard lawns.
This means you get a nearly perfect finish and incredibly well-tended garden every time. As the lawnmower, you should choose one which is specifically designed for that purpose. It is light and able to maneuver any obstacle while working.
Things to consider when choosing the best lawn mower for small gardens.
There are some important factors that you need to consider when looking for the best lawn mower for small yard. Each model differs in its specific functions and offers many important advantages compared to the other.
However, these functions are only advantageous for you if you really need them in your selected model. You may want to focus on the mower’s appearance, which is more relevant to your individual space and needs than the most popular features.
All the mentioned lawnmowers have impressive features that we consider to be the best potentials. Here we have explained these properties further.
When looking for wireless electrical models, you need to consider the runtime and maintenance requirements.
For wired models, consider the length of the cable and see whether it is tangled or slightly pinched.
It is one of the most important considerations. Lawn mower is all about cutting. So you have to concentrate on this factor.
A high-quality lawn mower should have adjustable cutting height. It must be easy to use.
If you’re looking for a more powerful lawn mower that can be used in cutting tall grass and weeds, look for the best lawn mower for large yards. if your garden is slightly larger and more inclined, then the best self-propelled lawn mower can be the best for you.
Type of lawn mower
Basically, there are three types of lawnmowers- gas driven, electric, and battery-powered. The type of lawnmower you choose depends on your preferences.
First ask yourself, which types of lawn mower do you prefer most to work with? It can be gas driven, electric, or battery-powered tools. So choose the device depending on your needs and preferences.
Grass discharge options
An important factor to consider is how you unload the lawn that your mower is mowing. Many of these models offer a box that serves as a grass catcher.
So all you have to do is to remove and empty the box when it is full and then continue cutting. However, there are some models without this function, especially those with the aim of being lighter and more compact. This will keep the grass on your lawn so that you can take it later.
This factor also depends on whether you simply want to empty the enclosed box or rake the grass after each mowing process.
Corded, cordless or gas?
A gas-driven lawn mower is generally considered the most popular type of lawn mower. But the only drawback is that it can be an increasingly heavy device that is loudest of mowers.
So it can be a matter of hassle to use it. On the other hand, an electric lawnmower is lighter in weight.
But you need an electrical outlet, and it may be impractical to dodge a load of cables behind you when mowing the lawn. However, there is an option to choose a wireless electric motor instead.
But in case of wireless electric motor, here the battery should be the main power source. However, you will need to charge it each time before using your lawnmower.
The weight can be more worrying if you have difficulty carrying heavier mower models. Lawnmowers will likely be heavier if it is highly featured and incorporated with more accessories. So you must pick the lawn mower that is extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
The blade length of a lawnmower is one of the most important considerations when choosing the best one. However, if you have more difficult terrain or want to mow the lawn less often, the blade should be able to cope with the longer grass length. It also should be in the most uncomfortable conditions.
You have to choose the size of the blade based on the length of your lawn. In other words, you should ideally look at your terrain type to make sure the length of your blade can stand it.
Who Invented the Lawn Mower?
The Englishman named Edwin Budding invented the lawn mower in 1830 to mow the grass on sports grounds. His intention was to replace the scythe as the main tool for mowing grass back then.
The first steam mower was made in 1893, and gasoline-powered models were officially invented in the United States in 1914.
How do I Remove a Lawn Mower Blade?
You generally need to loosen a screw or nut to separate the knife from the base of the mower. It is worth mentioning that you should jam or block to prevent the spinning of the lawn mower. Even when it’s off, you can accidentally swing the blade in your hands.
With push mowers, you will need to lift them frequently and remove the knife from below, as they are less stable and cannot always be held still when turned sideways.
How do I Change the Oil in my Lawn Mower?
Changing the oil in your lawn mower can be quite easy as it is a relatively simple process. To get started, you should pinch everything to make sure nothing lights up accidentally. And then use a siphon tube to drain the oil into another container for later storage or disposal.
You can also tilt it so that the oil can flow normally into the container. However, this may require more practice: some models may also use an oil screw to allow controlled flow.
Once the old oil is run out, you must refill it with new oil using any tool or method that originally filled it. And then reseal everything.
Final Verdict: Basically, as you see there are different types of lawn mowers out there. So it is you who have to choose the best one from here.
And to choose the best lawn mower for small yard, you can rely on this article as we toiled much to bring the best products before you.
So to choose the best one for you you can follow the above guideline also.
But we are not beyond the personal choice. And here we took BLACK+DECKER MTE912 12-Inch Electric 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower as our top pick.
The model comes up with loads of impressive features. So if you want to get the best lawn mower for small yards, then you can choose it with confidence.
Do not hesitate to write your thoughts below in the comment section.