The lawn mower needs to be taken care of just as you take care of your used vehicle on a regular basis. And oil changing is best for those caring. You know regular oil changes will simultaneously increase the efficiency and durability of a lawn mower.
If you frequently use your Toro and Honda lawn mower at a higher temperature, it is recommended to change the oil after a few day’s intervals.
But what to do when you don’t know how to change oil in Toro and Honda lawn mower?
Don’t be upset. It is an easy process and you can do it by yourself.
In this article, we will discuss the proper guidelines on how to change oil in Toro lawn mower and how to change oil in Honda lawn mower.
So why late? Just have a mug of coffee and let’s see what’s new is waiting for you!.
The Process To Change Oil In Toro And Honda Lawn Mower:
When you are using the lawn mower regularly, it is advisable to change the oil after 20-50 hours. It may take approximately 15-20 minutes to change the oil.
Before changing the engine oil, collect the user manual of the lawn mower that you used. Carefully go through the user manual to avoid any kind of unforeseen accident.
Steps to follow:
Step #1: Get The Lawn Mower Ready For An Oil Change.
- Turn the engine on and heat it well. This will increase the flow of oil and make it easier to remove the oil.
- Use an air compressor or a clean towel to wipe well around the oil insert area.
- Take an oil pan to collect the oils that are already in the mower oil tank.
- Place the oil pan just below the oil drain pipe.
Step #2: Pour Out The Old Oils.
- Remove the lid mounted on the mouth of the oil drain pipe.
- Tilt the lawn mower a little to the side so that all the oils can get out of the tank.
- Keep the lawn mower in this state for a while.
- As long as the drops of oil fall into the oil pan, leave it in that position.
Step #3: Change The Oil Filter.
Not all lawn mowers have an oil filter. However, some new types of lawn mowers have oil filters.
It is also good to change the oil filter when changing the engine oil. If you don’t have an oil filter in your lawn mower, you can skip this step.
- If the oil filter is fitted with screws, remove the screws using a screwdriver.
- Slightly rotate the oil filter anticlockwise to remove it if there are no screws attached to the filter.
- The oil filter also contains some oils. Take a pot to collect the oils so that they do not spread.
- Take out the old oil filter.
- Take a new oil filter and apply some oil on the front of it. This will make it easier to set up the oil filter.
- Install the new oil filter this time. Make sure it touches the bottom of the tank.
- If there are screws, set all the screws in the oil filter and install it properly.
Step #4: Refill The Tank With Oil.
- According to the user manual of Toro lawn mower and Honda lawn mower,
- The refilled amount of oil is 0.35~0.40 L.
- The recommended oil for regular use: SAE 10W-30.
- Now, refill the oil tank. Stop after pouring the oil for a while and wait for a couple of minutes. Check the oil level with the dipstick. Continuing to check in after a while will help prevent oil from falling over.
- Place the lid on the tank.
Done. Now, you can use the lawn mower with ease.
- Change engine oil after 5 hours of use or first month.
- Again change the engine oil after 50 hours of use or every 6 months interval.
- Don’t use non-detergent oil. It can shorten the engine’s service life.
- Try not to use 2-stroke oil. It can damage the engine.
- Bring the lawn mower to a flat surface. This will make your task easier.
- Wear hand gloves before starting work.
- Disconnect the power cable from the battery to avoid any unwanted accidents.
- Operate the screwdrivers carefully.
Changing the engine oil can increase the lifespan as well as the durability of the lawn mower. But it is always recommended to check the engine oil before every use.
And of course, don’t use low quality oil. It can damage the engine. You know if the engine fails, the lawn mower will be totally useless. Then, you need to change the engine and It will be very expensive.